As an ethical business our aim is to support the environment now and forever. Therefore, we’ve looked at our delivery stage to ensure our company values continue through our packaging!!
Our packaging has your products safety at the forefront of its design closely followed by the environment, as we want your order to reach you in one piece with no damages. If we were to reduce the amount of packaging, we would run the risk of your goods being damaged in transit.
Our goods are shipped in either Jiffy Green® padded bags or sturdy cardboard boxes & packaging. These provide outstanding protection and cushioning to a wide range of products during transit to ensure they arrive to you in perfect condition.
Fragile items are packed full with Eco Loose fill or bubble wrap re-used from suppliers.
All lovingly wrapped, to ensure it gets to you in one piece. We hope you will be able to re-use all of our packaging too!
All such damages need to be replaced, which involves more delivery miles in order to either collect damaged consignments and re-deliver them or simply to send out replacement items.
- Where possible we send out packages in reused cardboard boxes, often ones that have originally come from our suppliers, or Jiffy Green® padded bags. On occasions where we do need to use new boxes these will always be made from recycled cardboard.
- To keep your products safe in inside the box we use a product called EcoFlo which are loose filled chips that are 100% biodegradable, compostable, odourless, dust free and Starch based.
- Unbleached kraft roll and PVC free packing tape that can be reused.
- Our Jiffy Green® padded bags provide outstanding protection and cushioning to a wide range of products during transit to ensure they arrive to you in perfect condition.
- They are made with a tough paper outer with a double glued bottom flap and no side seams unlike standard bubble lined Jiffy Bags® provides high resistance against bursting and punctures.
- Our environmentally friendly Jiffy Bags® are made with 100% recycled paper fibre lining and are fully recyclable, biodegradable, and compostable.
ABOUT OUR HEAVY-DUTY BOXES
We use a heavy-duty Enviro-box which is environmentally friendly. Our Enviro-box offers a sustainable and reliable alternative to larger double wall boxes with the following unique features:
- Increased strength over most double wall boxes
- Materials used are 7% lighter, meaning lower transport costs
- The process of manufacturing Enviro-box results in a 30% saving in CO2 emissions
- Recycled content ranges from 60% to 90%
How they differ to other cardboard box types
These heavy-duty single wall boxes offer the protection of traditional double wall boxes but use less material.
The Enviro-box combines superior strength and durability with an efficient material design and help to reduce material waste.
ECOFLO LOOSE FILL
EcoFlo is a leading Environmentally friendly void fill packaging material. he eco-friendly void fill provides an excellent ‘in-the-box’ packaging solution for protecting a wide range of products.
Once your item is placed into a box, the void fill chips are poured into the box until they fill all the remaining space around your product. The result is that your item will be held firmly in place, will not move around when the box is handled or transported and therefore will not be susceptible to damage. The cushioning nature of void fill packing chips means they will absorb any impact, should the box be dropped, before the shock reaches the item inside and causes any damage.
What makes EcoFlo void fill friendly to the environment?
Manufactured from starch material, EcoFlo is a fully compostable void fill material and is 100% biodegradable. The product is fully soluble when saturated with water which takes away this issue of litter. It also conforms to EN13432.
The manufacturing process for the void fill material is a single stage process (compared with the manufacturing process for the polystyrene version, which is multi-stage, uses more energy so is less environmentally friendly).
Starch is also an annually renewable resource.
Does this product perform well compared to other types of void fill?
EcoFlo void fill has been independently tested by 2 Universities (Brunel and Humberside) and has been proven to provide better impact protection than other, polystyrene, versions.
- 100% biodegradable
- 100% compostable
- Ignition Temperature > 390 degrees Celsius
- Smolder Temperature > 200 degrees Celsius
- Contains no hazardous decomposition products
- No hazardous polymerisation
ACRYLIC KRAFT PAPER TAPE
Self adhesive Kraft paper tape is a popular alternative to gummed paper tape as it requires no water, giving you an instant long lasting natural acrylic adhesive, which sticks to all carton surfaces.
It has high elasticity; very high tear resistance once applied and is used for sealing boxes, envelopes and a range of other various products.
Due to its environmental and performance benefits it is often a preferred sealing option for many fulfilment operations and also creates a uniform looking packaging that is incredible difficult to tamper with.
Within our business we use 100% recycled paper. Our delivery notes included inside your parcel will be printed on 100% recycled paper.
All our PC and printing equipment is shut down when not in use. We use natural daylight wherever possible over turning the lights on!
We recycle paper and ink cartridges and will always look to champion new initiatives to support the environment.